THE HOT STONE MASSAGE SET: 70 Basalt/Chakra Stones
This set includes:
- 2 Extra Large Stones (sacrum, solar plexus) ---- 11 x 7 x 3 cm
- 12 Large Stones (back and legs) ---- 7.5 x 5.5 x 2.75 cm
- 14 Medium Stones (hands and arms) ---- 6.5 x 4.5 x 1.75 cm
- 15 Small Stones (forehead, neck and face) ---- 3.75 x 3 x 1.75 cm
- 4 Trigger Point/Deep Tissue Stones ---- 8 x 3 x 1.75 cm
- 8 Toe Stones ---- 3.5 x 2.75 x 0.7 cm
- 6 Finger Stones ---- 5.5 x 2.75 x 0.8 cm
- 2 Eye Stones - - 4 x 3 x 0.8 cm
- 7 Chakra Stones
- Supplied in zipper bag (with Chinese calligraphy for Hot Stone Massage)
These stones are genuine basalt without treatment with chemical wax or epoxy resin. Wax and epoxy resin are used by some manufactures to turn the stones black and to make them smoother - these stones will turn black once they have been oiled. Basalt suitable for hot stone massage is almost always dark grey (naturally black basalt is almost always too coarse). Using wax or resin to make the stones smoother makes them too smooth for use as anything other than placement stones, as working stones (those used for effleurage) benefit from the natural texture (smooth but not super smooth like marble) to provide a little grippiness with the connective tissue.
THE DIGITAL HOT STONE MASSAGE HEATER, 6 Litre (6.34 Quart)
Hot stone heaters with digital thermostats are superior to models with analog thermostats as they provide more precise temperature control and remove the need to check the temperature with a thermometer, resulting in less interruption of the massage session. This new professional quality stone heater is designed specifically for heating massage stones. It provides several improvements over existing heaters (both digital and analog).
Automatic shutoff after 6 hours.
No more "smoking out" process prior to first use. Most other heaters require the heating element to be burnt off, producing a noxious industrial smell and quite a bit of smoke. Our heating elements are burnt off in ovens in the factory prior to assembly so there is no need for the user to perform this process.
- Digital display shows required temperature and actual temperature
- Maximum temperature 70 °C
- Automatic shutoff after 6 hours
- Removable water reservoir for easy cleaning
- Large, Cool-Touch handles for safety
- Includes free Scoop
- Fully portable
- 230v, 50hz, 750 watt
- CE Certified (meets the health and safety requirements of the EU)
- Dimensions: 44.5 x 31 x 23.5 cm
- 1 Year Warranty
Contraindications for hot stone massage: When massage is contraindicated; Anyone in a weakened state; Autoimmune dysfunctions/immuno-suppressed; conditions where brain/nervous system are challenged; Anyone on prescription medications that may have side effects due to the heat; Anyone who is elderly or has thin skin; Anyone who is a young child; Heart disease; Pregnancy; Recent surgery; Nerve damage/neuropathy; For anyone who seems energetically blocked use a moderate temperature.
This stone set is also available with a 17 litre heater